Locally owned and operated in Champaign-Urbana, Dr. G’s BrainWorks offers games and puzzles for the whole family: including science kits, books, and more.
But we’re way more than just a game store. With our Dr. G’s Cognitive Center opening up in 2016, we plan on being your go-to source for keeping your brain active and healthy throughout life.
Meet Our Team
Bill & Phyllis Gingold
Dr. G himself! Bill and Phyllis are the co-owners of Dr. G’s BrainWorks, drawing from their passion for wellness and the community to build this store from scratch.
As a psychologist, gerontologist, and certified senior advisor, Bill has worked in wellness-related fields for over fifty years. Phyllis has a similarly impressive background with two Master’s degrees in education and healthcare administration as well as National Board Certification.
Dr. Gingold continues to be a Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Family Medicine Research and Aging Services at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Medicine.
Dr. G’s National Advisory Board
- Cori Brito, PhD, Research Psychologist
- Steven Fox, D.O., Physician
- Peter Geibe, PhD, Professor, Business Management
- Susan Geibe, MBA, Educator and Marketing Specialist
- Cynthia Germain, MBA, Training/Education
- Tamra Gingold, MA, M.Ed., Educator
- Assege Haile Maraam, PhD, Professor, Educational Psychologist
- Beverly Mathews, PhD, Neuropsychologist
- Pam McFarlane, PhD, Kinesiologist
- Shara Meisinger, MILR, Human Resources
- Elainea Osterbur, PhD, Community Health
- Sam Rest, PhD, Neuropsychologist